Unix and Linux News
- Incredible! IBM acquires RedHat for $34B! Very smart move.
- Red Hat Linux 7.6 is here! Marking KDE "deprecated" and supporting AMD Secure Encrypted Verification. As usual, lots of key packages updated. I really want to try nftables packet filter that's now available.
- Linux kernel 4.19 is here
- Fedora Linux 29 is also released
- Ubuntu 18.10 released – so many releases to download and try this month!
- OpenBSD 6.4 is released – wow, what a month
- Apple MacOS Mojave is released and shipped – glorious update to one of the best desktop operating systems in existence. I must have upgraded on day one of the final release!
- Chrome OS 70 released – allowing network share mounts, adding AV1 decoder to x86 and introducing per-site management of extensions
- Won't mention software news this months as there are so many OS releases that they steal the show
Interesting and Useful
- Youtube video: Gary explains: Unix vs Linux – he's really good at explaining things, I think you'll enjoy the video
- Using Traefik for reverse proxying Docker containers