This section of the website is created to make it even easier for you to find the right answer to your task or problem. If you have a suggestion on improving the structure of this reference index, please let me know.
Working with users and groups in Linux
UserID and GroupID
- find unix user id (user id in unix)
- find out group ID (gid) for unix user
- list groups a user belongs to
- how to create user accounts
- what to do if numeric ids are shown instead of usernames
- find if a user was created or deleted
File and directory manipulations
- diff unix tutorial
- find large files in unix
- unix symlinks
- Linux: create directory
- what is ln?
- find files that belong to a unix user or group