Mac commands are rarely unique: most of them are inherited from Unix operating systems. If you're familiar with one of the common Linux or Unix-like operating systems, you probably know all the basic MacOS commands you'll need.
Uniquely MacOS Commands
These commands are found only on Mac platform (and not Linux), some originating from BSD:
- softwareupdate – controlling updates in your MacOS
- hdiutil – manipulating disk images (attach, verify, create)
- diskutil – disk and partitions manager
- sw_vers – confirm MacOS version
- networksetup – network configuration tool