Unix Tutorial Digest is a section of the Unix Tutorial blog that regularly captures most notable professional news.
I hope to spend more time reviewing and commenting on these news in 2019.
This page will document the monthly Unix Tutorial Digests published to date. If you have any great ideas for similar experiments or projects – please let me know.
Unix Tutorial Digest
- Unix Tutorial Digest – July 28th, 2019 - Well, the end of July is almost here and I missed a digest in June because I had a wonderful summer holiday in Turkey. So this today shows intersting events from Linux, Unix and open source world for almost two months. As always, please get in touch to arrange a technical consultation with me or want to […]
- Unix Tutorial Digest – March 31st, 2019 - Hi again everyone, it's this time of the month (the last day of a month, if I manage to publish on time). March 2019 brought lots of interesting releases and Unix/Linux news. As always, please get in touch to arrange a technical consultation with me or want to suggest a useful link for the next Unix Tutorial […]
- Unix Tutorial Digest – February 28th, 2019 - Hi again everyone, it's this time of the month (the last day of a month, if I manage to publish on time).February 2019 brought lots of intersting releases and Unix/Linux news.As always, Please get in touch if you want to suggest a useful link for the next digest. Unix and Linux News Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS released […]
- Unix Tutorial Digest – February 4th, 2019 - Thanks to the super busy January, this is actually the first Unix Tutorial digest of 2019! Lots of news and so many things to follow up and test now! As always, Please get in touch if you want to suggest a useful link for the next digest. Unix and Linux News Linux kernel 4.20 Ubuntu Core […]
- Unix Tutorial Digest – November 3rd, 2018 - This monthly issue arrives a week later, but brings more news as the result: lots of OS releases in October!
- Unix Tutorial Digest – September 28th, 2018 - Starting with this issue, Interesting Reads will become Unix Tutorial Digest. As promised, I will keep this as a monthly feature. Please get in touch if you want to suggest a useful link for the next digest. Unix and Linux News beta of Ubuntu 18.10 Cosmic Cuttlefish has just been published Oracle 11.4 SRU1 is […]
- Unix Tutorial Digest – August 24th, 2018 - I'm still finding my stride with this type of post, so Interesting Reads is more of a monthly than weekly feature. Unix News Oracle Solaris 11.3 SRU 35 Debian Linux turns 25 years old Software News Steam Play beta introduces project Proton – improved support for Windows games on Linux Flatpack 1.0 release – something […]
- Unix Tutorial Digest – June 1st, 2018 - Here is some light reading for the weekend: some news about Unix, a few useful articles and some tips from the past Unix Tutorial articles. Unix News openSUSE Leap 15 is released FreeBSD 11.2-BETA2 is now available GNOME Foundation completed the migration to GitLab – check out gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME to see all the projects currently developed, […]
- Unix Tutorial Digest – May 5th, 2009 - Next batch of Unix-related news, this week it's just about announcing all the new releases of various distros. Unix news OpenBSD 4.5 released FreeBSD 7.2 released NetBSD 5.0 released Solaris 10 update 7 (5/09) released Unix-related releases Wine 1.1.20 released – OLE copy/paste improvements, Direct3D code cleanup and traditional bug fixes See also: Interesting Unix […]
- Unix Tutorial Digest – April 21st, 2009 - Hi all! New posts are coming, but you'll have to wait a bit longer. Here's a few interesting reads you might explore in the meantime: Unix news Oracle buys Sun Microsystems Unix-related releases GCC 4.4.0 released HP-UX 11i v3 update 4 Gnome 2.26.1 released Useful Unix tips Ubuntu package management with dpkg (UbuntuGeek) Ubuntu package […]