Unix and Linux News
- Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS released
- runc cointainer breakout – vulnerability affecting Docker and LXC
- Fedora won't be developing/supporitng Atomic Host anymore
- Homebrew 2.0.0 was released, and there's a Linux version of it as well now!
- LibreOffice 6.2
- Exim 4.92
- go 1.12 is released
- git v2.21.0
- KDE Plasma 5.15.0
- digiKam 6.0.0 – must give it a try on my Linux Mint laptop
- Postfix 3.4.0 released – wow, Postfix 3.0 is no longer supported – time flies
Interesting and Useful
- System76 Thelio review – sounds like a great desktop!
- Docker LEMP stack: collecting logs with rsyslog
- NixOS – I keep hearing this OS name lately. Must try!
Unix Tutorial articles
I made some New Years' resolutions, one of them is a dramatically improved commitment to updating Unix Tutorial.
As the result, I published every single day in Unix Tutorial: February 2019.
- How To Enable SELinux
- Get Your Mac to Speak Up
- List RPM packages sorted by install date
- Migrate Docker container to new server
- Homebrew 2.0.0 with Linux support
- Ubiquiti UniFi controller on Ubuntu 18.10
- Remove All Messages from Postfix Queue
- Backblaze 6.0 released
- Book Review: Pulling Strings with Puppet
- Confirm Machine Architecture with arch
- Remove Unused Volumes in Docker
- Ignore SSL errors in VMware Power CLI
- awk delimiter
- Disable portmapper in CentOS 7
- Book Review: Practical Programming: An Introduction to Computer Science using Python
- How To Inspect SSH key fingerprints
- How To: Install VMware Tools in Ubuntu
- How To: List Files iwth SELinux Contexts
- chown example
- Bootable USB rom ISO with Etcher
- screenFetch in Linux Mint
- Confirm VMware Tools version
- Book Review: Pro Puppet
- Restart Stopped Containers in Docker
- How To: Remove Old Kernels in CentOS
- Monitor processes, CPU and RAM with htop
That's it for today!